- "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby" from The Four Season's Working My Way Back To You Album
- "Beggin" from the Jersey Boys Movie Soundtrack
Today’s Jersey Boys Podcast examines the new Jersey Boys Movie trailer & poster (IMDB), news, and an interview from our vault with Jersey Boys cast member John Gardiner. The podcast starts off with a "fan thank you" intro from Daniel Reichard.
Links mentioned in this podcast include:
- John Lloyd Young
- Erich Bergen
- Miles Aubrey
- Donnie Kehr
- Erica Piccininni
- Clint Eastwood
- Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Q&A with Frankie Valli at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles on Monday June 2, 2014
- Midtown Men
- Under The Street Lamp
- The Four Lovers CD @ Amazon
- The Motown Years @ Amazon
- Billy Dixon via YouTube
- Jersey Boys Blog & Podcast on Facebook
The music samples played in this podcast come from: Off Seasons: Criminally Ignored Sides from Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (with “Big Man's World”); John’s CD “The Way We Weren’t”; and Jersey Boys Musical CD (with “Backup Sessions”).
Listen! (Size: 19.8-MBs, Time: 21m16s)
Currently making preparations for putting out a new podcast. As we work on the production, we will update this blog post with the latest info.
The main focus: review of John Lloyd Young's (JLY) return to Broadway; updates on news (remember the best place is the Jersey Boys Blog); a cast member "vault" interview from a Jersey Boys Las Vegas visit; and a bunch of music samples (including a medley from JLY new album & "Stay").
Current Jersey Boys news:
- Tour: Denver review (also CBS), Joseph Leo Bwarie leaving, Frankie Camp, Michael Lomenda interview
- Broadway: Jeremy Kushnier to return, Six Flags, Boston.com
- Movie: Seattle Times, FirstShowing, Empire, Mercury News, Examiner
- Australia: Opening in Brisbane, Return to Melbourne, MovieHole
- Las Vegas: Aaron MacKenzie
- South Africa
- Christmas Album
Current Four Seasons news:
- Bob Gaudio interview in Australia
- Frankie Valli touring UK: theguardian, EADT
- Frankie Valli NYC Concerts
- That Four Seasons' Sound Blog
Midtown Men news:
JLY Medley @ end of the podcast (suggestions):
- From Linda: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me; Since I Fell for You; & Hey There, Lonely Girl
- From Carolyn: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me; Since I Fell for You; & Hey There, Lonely Girl
- Buy the new album on iTunes
Today's Jersey Boys Podcast is an interview from the archives (recorded August 2010) with Peter Saide who was at the time of the recording and also when we are publishing this podcast playing the lead role of Bob Guadio with the Jersey Boys Las Vegas company. This podcast also includes news about: Jersey Boys Tour News (Ohio); The MidTown Men's upcoming show in San Diego, CA (Sycuan) ; and Austrailia and New Zealand News from BroadWayWorld.
Listen! (Size: 17.8-MBs, Time: 18m55s)
Song samples included in this podcast (thanks to Rhino Records): "Sunday Kinda Love" [Cast CD], The Sun Ain't Going To Shine (Anymore) [Anthology]; and Working My Way Back To You [Cast CD].
P.S. Thanks to John Lloyd Young for the podcast introduction!
Today's Jersey Boys Podcast show is a quick run down of the latest news and pointers related to the Jersey Boys National Tour. Currently the National Tour cast is in Atlanta, GA. We start off the podcast with music from the Broadway show highlighting the song "You're The Apple Of My Eye" written by Otis Blackwell, and give you a sample from the 1950s recording from The Four Lovers.
Listen! (Size: 11.5-MBs, Time: 16m40s)
Links mentioned in this podcast include:
- Jersey Boys Blog
- The Genuine Imitation Life Gazette
- Broadway World on "1000th Performance"
- Jersey Boys interview on Atlanta Oldies Station
- Broadway World on "Record Breaking in Florida"
- Interview with Jonathan Hadley
- Jersey Boys Sing At Atlanta Braves Game
- AJC on "Frankie Valli Camp"
- Rick Elice on "Why Jersey Boys Matters"
- Jersey Boys coming to Washington DC [about.com, broadwayworld.com]
- Detroit is getting ready for Jersey Boys
Song samples included in this podcast (thanks to Rhino Records):
- "You're The Apple Of My Eye" [Jersey Boys Cast CD]
- "You're The Apple Of My Eye" [The Four Lovers CD]
Charlie Calello was a member of the Four Lovers and for a short time officially part of the Four Seasons. He was also the primary arranger for huge percentage of Four Seasons and Frankie Valli songs and albums.
There is also some great commentary from Charlie Calello in the Jersey Boys coffee table book.
George Clinton, who could be categorized as the Master of Funk, was originally part of the doo op band The Parliaments. During this period, he lived close to both the The Monotones who wrote the song "(Who Wrote) The Book Of Love," and the The Four Seasons - who incidentally released a cover of "Book Of Love" on the Big Girls Don't Cry CD distributed by Rhino Records in 1995.
These doo op memories of George Clinton come compliments of an interviewed on NPR. According to the interview, his band The Monotones, and members of the Four Seasons (probably before they were called Four Seasons) competed against each other in local New Jersey battle of the band contests.
Here are some top Jersey Boys news items we are tracking:
- Variety has updates on box office numbers for the Chicago and Tour (currently in Pittsburgh, PA until 01Feb09) companies. They are very strong.
- The Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons tribute group Let's Hang On is coming to the Pasco-Hernando Community College Performing Arts Center in Florida on Feb. 7, 2009. [Tampa Bay Times]
- The UK based Chameleon blog has posted a perspective piece entitled "Looking Back to the future."
- Jersey Boys Toronto recently got some great press coverage from: Broadway World, Toronto Sun, and The Star.
- Michelle Alexandria recently reviewed Jersey Boys Las Vegas for Eclipse Magazine. And according to The Las Vegas News Feed Blog the Las Vegas Review-Journal has named Jersey Boys Las Vegas at The Palazzo Resort-Hotel-Casino the the number one show of 2008.
- The 1st National Tour of Jersey Boys is finishing up in Pittsburgh, PA and getting ready to head to Hartford, CN. While in Pittsburgh they garnered several great reviews from Pittsburgh Live, Observer-Recorder, and Post-Gazette.
- The History Mike Blog named Frankie Valli the #1 falsettos in Rock and Pop history.
- The Chicago Examiner has an 'update' story about the success of Jersey Boys Chicago and details on recent cast member changes. In addition, the Worcester Telegram & Gazzette has a focus piece on Chicago cast member Merissa Haddad.
Mike over at the Jersey Boys Forum notes that Chicago WLIT's Melissa Forman recently had the "Chicago company of JERSEY BOYS in the studio to discuss the new block of tickets that went on-sale to the public Friday, January 23 at 10 a.m. for performances April 14 through July 12, 2009.
Here is Part 1 via You Tube:
Here is Part 2 via You Tube:
Today's Jersey Boys Podcast #065 (produced on Wednesday, September 3, 2008) has a single focus - a great phone interview with Jersey Boys Broadway's J. Robert Spencer who plays the role of original Four Season Nick Massi. This interview was recorded on Friday, August 29, 2008.
Listen! (Size: 18.9-MBs, Time: 41:26)
After listening to this interview you will get all the details on Bobby's current plans with Jersey Boys, and an in-depth update on all the projects he has been working on in conjunction with Jersey Boys plus a run down on his plans for the next couple of months. Links mentioned with regards to the interview:
- US Open You Tube Link
- "Farm Girl In New York" (2007) movie
- Anywhere Road
- "Handel's Messiah Rocks" (Boston, September 21, 2008)
- "Next To Normal" (Washington DC)
- Shenandoah Conservatory
- "Heterosexuals" (2008) movie
- J. Robert Spencer on MySpace
In addition, the following links mentioned during this podcast:
Music samples (thanks to Rhino Records) played in this podcast includes:
- Post a comment on: Jersey Boys World
- Jersey Boys Podcast Email Notification Service
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the listener line with audio comments: 714-855-1946
- Follow me on sholden @ twitter or sholden @ friendfeed