You can get the latest news about Jersey Boys at the Jersey Boys Blog. You can also join the Blog & Podcast over on Facebook. You can learn more at: Jersey Boys Musical, Jersey Boys Movie, & Jersey Boys Music.
Expect songs from Roy Orbison, Smokey Robinson, Little Anthony, some Jersey Boys, and a good dose of holiday classics.
The 75 minute live stream will be presented on December 4, 2020 at 6pm PT. And you will have access to playback the show OnDemand for one week after the live event.
The song is worth a listen or two, and this article is definitely worth reading Billboard.com "Surf Mesa Spreads the Love for 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You,' Bringing the Modern-Day Standard Back to Top 40".
This cover is really good also ...
To be totally honest, he was my favorite.
I also really connected with him during the several times I had the distinct pleasure to be in his company. He was a gentleman, considerate, and passionate about caring for those closest to him.
Rest in peace Mr. DeVito.
Here are some news sources reporting on Tommy's passing (some of the photos posted in these articles are awesome):
- The Guardian
- Justice Online
- The Times
- Antelope Valley Press
- The Telegraph
- FYI Music News (you'll need to do some scrolling down on this page to find it)
- WHIO TV 7 (there is an interesting photo here with Robert De Niro in the background
- New York Times
- Patch New Jersey
- Fox Carolina
- Rome News-Tribune
- ABC News 4
- News Channel 3
- Boston 25
- Fox 40
- KITV 4
- TAPintoNutley (great video)
Sad news from The New York Times - Howell Binkley, lighting designer and Tony Award winner for "Jersey Boys" has passed away.
- "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby" from The Four Season's Working My Way Back To You Album
- "Beggin" from the Jersey Boys Movie Soundtrack
- "Can' Take My Eyes Off of You" from the Frankie Vali and the Four Seasons Reunited Live Album
- "C'Mon Marianne" from Jersey Boys Musical Cast CD
Listen! (Size: 32.7-MBs, Time: 47m08s)
Today’s Jersey Boys Podcast examines the new Jersey Boys Movie trailer & poster (IMDB), news, and an interview from our vault with Jersey Boys cast member John Gardiner. The podcast starts off with a "fan thank you" intro from Daniel Reichard.
Links mentioned in this podcast include:
- John Lloyd Young
- Erich Bergen
- Miles Aubrey
- Donnie Kehr
- Erica Piccininni
- Clint Eastwood
- Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- Q&A with Frankie Valli at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles on Monday June 2, 2014
- Midtown Men
- Under The Street Lamp
- The Four Lovers CD @ Amazon
- The Motown Years @ Amazon
- Billy Dixon via YouTube
- Jersey Boys Blog & Podcast on Facebook
The music samples played in this podcast come from: Off Seasons: Criminally Ignored Sides from Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (with “Big Man's World”); John’s CD “The Way We Weren’t”; and Jersey Boys Musical CD (with “Backup Sessions”).
Listen! (Size: 19.8-MBs, Time: 21m16s)
JERSEY BOYS PODCAST #073 - Review of John Lloyd Young's (JLY) Return To Broadway & Interview With Nikka Wahl
This podcast includes: a quick review of the current news related to the Jersey Boys Musical (see show notes prep for links); Christy's review of Tony Award winner John Lloyd Young (JLY) return to Jersey Boys Broadway playing the role Frankie Valli; and an interview from our archive with Jersey Boys Las Vegas cast member Nikka Wahl.
Song segments played in this podcast:
- "Candy Girl" by THE MIDTOWN MEN
- "Stay" by The Four Seasons [Anthology CD]
- "Stay" by Jersey Boys Broadway
- "Sherry" by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons [Reunited Live]
- "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" by John Lloyd Young [My Turn ...]
- "Since I Fell For You" by John Lloyd Young [My Turn ...]
- "Hey There, Lonely Girl" by John Lloyd Young [My Turn ...]
Listen! (Size: 32.2-MBs, Time: 34m47s)
Currently making preparations for putting out a new podcast. As we work on the production, we will update this blog post with the latest info.
The main focus: review of John Lloyd Young's (JLY) return to Broadway; updates on news (remember the best place is the Jersey Boys Blog); a cast member "vault" interview from a Jersey Boys Las Vegas visit; and a bunch of music samples (including a medley from JLY new album & "Stay").
Current Jersey Boys news:
- Tour: Denver review (also CBS), Joseph Leo Bwarie leaving, Frankie Camp, Michael Lomenda interview
- Broadway: Jeremy Kushnier to return, Six Flags, Boston.com
- Movie: Seattle Times, FirstShowing, Empire, Mercury News, Examiner
- Australia: Opening in Brisbane, Return to Melbourne, MovieHole
- Las Vegas: Aaron MacKenzie
- South Africa
- Christmas Album
Current Four Seasons news:
- Bob Gaudio interview in Australia
- Frankie Valli touring UK: theguardian, EADT
- Frankie Valli NYC Concerts
- That Four Seasons' Sound Blog
Midtown Men news:
JLY Medley @ end of the podcast (suggestions):
- From Linda: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me; Since I Fell for You; & Hey There, Lonely Girl
- From Carolyn: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me; Since I Fell for You; & Hey There, Lonely Girl
- Buy the new album on iTunes
Today's Jersey Boys Podcast is an interview from the archives (recorded August 2010) with Peter Saide who was at the time of the recording and also when we are publishing this podcast playing the lead role of Bob Guadio with the Jersey Boys Las Vegas company. This podcast also includes news about: Jersey Boys Tour News (Ohio); The MidTown Men's upcoming show in San Diego, CA (Sycuan) ; and Austrailia and New Zealand News from BroadWayWorld.
Listen! (Size: 17.8-MBs, Time: 18m55s)
Song samples included in this podcast (thanks to Rhino Records): "Sunday Kinda Love" [Cast CD], The Sun Ain't Going To Shine (Anymore) [Anthology]; and Working My Way Back To You [Cast CD].
P.S. Thanks to John Lloyd Young for the podcast introduction!
The podcast has run interviews with Mr. Spencer several times in the past including an interview dedicated to discussing this film:
- #005 - Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade & WKCR Interview with J. Robert Spencer
- #017 - Review of the Broadyway Show and Interview with J. Robert Spencer
- #042 - Beggin Re-Edit Plus 2004 Full Focus Interview with Daniel Reichard and J. Robert Spencer
- #052 - San Diego Tour Update, Jennifer Naimo's Cabaret, Interview With J. Robert Spencer About His New Farm Girl In New York Movie
- #065 - Interview with J. Robert Spencer
Today's podcast Jersey Boys Podcast #071 (recorded Tuesday, December 23, 2009) includes two cast interviews. The first interview is with Quinn Van Antwerp who plays Bob Gaudio with the Jersey Boys Toronto Company. And then Matt Bailey who plays Tommy Devito is interviewed from the Jersey Boys National Tour.
Listen! (Size: 27.6-MBs, Time: 39m42s)
Additional links mentioned in this podcast of potential interest:
- Vee Jay Records
- Philips Records
- Rhino Records
- Jersey Boys Podcast #031
- Jersey Boys Info
- Jersey Boys Blog
- The Genuine Imitation Life Gazette (GILG)
Song samples included in this podcast (thanks to Rhino Records):
- "Jungle Bells" [Four Seasons' Christmas Album]
- "Joy To The World [Four Seasons' Christmas Album]
- "The Little Drummer Boy" [Four Seasons' Christmas Album]
- "What Child Is This" [Four Seasons' Christmas Album]