"Jersey Boys," the hit Broadway musical about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, is going on the road.
The musical, directed by Des McAnuff, will begin a national tour at the Curran Theater in San Francisco, starting in December. Exact dates, future bookings and casting will be announced.
"Jersey Boys" has been doing strong business - including setting box office records - since opening last November at the August Wilson Theatre. The show, which has a book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, traces the history of the iconic pop quartet, whose hits included such songs as "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Oh, What a Night" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You."
The Jersey Boys Podcast #14 for Sunday, March 19th, 2006 has been finally officially released.
The podcast has fan listener feedback, a summary of recent news specific to the Jersey Boys Broadway, and an audio report covering the David Letterman Show appearance by the Jersey Boys cast. Most of the content from this podcast is from:
- NY Post on Jersey Boys Fans
- Tony Awards
- Jersey Boys Broadway Frappr Map
- Charles Calello
- "The Best Of The Bob Crewe Generation: Music To Watch Girls By"
- Broadway Box Office Grosses
- John Lloyd Young focus articles: Exit Weekly, Brown Unversity, Broadway Beat, Broadway, PlayBill, Off Off Online, Times Leader, and New York Post [many of these links from Jersey Boys Blog]
- Frankie Valli links: #1, #2, #3, and #4
- CBS' David Letterman Show [Broadway World]
The song segments sampled in this podcast include:
- "Dawn (Go Away)" [Cast CD]
- "Marlena" [Anthology CD]
- "Let's Hang On" [The Best Of The Bob Crewe Generation: Music To Watch Girls By]
- "Working My Way Back To You" [Cast CD]
Other Links Mentioned:
Summary of birthday information mentioned:
- Frankie Valli: May 3, 1934
- Bob Crewe: Nov. 12, 1931
- Bob Gaudio: Nov. 17, 1942
- Tommy Devito: June 19, 1928
- Nick Massi (born: Sept. 19, 1927 - died: Dec. 24,2000)
Broadway World notes that "RENT Celebrates Ten Years on Broadway with New Podcast" that just launched on iTunes and will be published weekly on Mondays.
This is another great musical that has its roots at the La Jolla Playhouse.
Good news on the next Jersey Boys podcast ... I have it recorded. I just need to do the audio editing and then post. Hopefully this will be very soon!
The show has: news, listener feedback, and a sample from the recent David Letterman appearance.
The Holden family is off on a vacation to Yosemite. Sorry for the podcast delay. I'll have spotty Internet connectivity until Friday, March 17th, 2006, and limited recording capabilities.
I'll continue working on show production and worst case I should have something recorded and posted on March 19th, 2006. Thanks for the support and understanding - Steve (email@example.com)
I have a new Jersey Boys podcast all planned out but unfortunately no additional time to record.
According to the Frankie Valli and The 4 Seasons Yahoo mailing list that tickets for an upcoming concert by Frankie Valli go on sale March 6, 2006 for the Stabler Arena in Allentown, PA for Sun, 05/14/06.
Playbill.com is reporting "Michael Longoria, who plays Joey in the hit new musical Jersey Boys, will perform a solo concert at the Duplex Cabaret Theater on March 13, 2006."