JERSEY BOYS PODCAST #061 - Interview with Deven May Plus News Update
March 17, 2008
Listen! (Size: 13.2-MBs, Time: 28:38)
Support the podcast via the Jersey Boys Podcast Amazon Store!
The Jersey Boys Podcast #061 brings fans an interview with Deven May who up until recently was playing the role of Tommy Devito on the 1st National Tour. After the interview we will have some comments about the interview, and then a short run down of the latest news related to Jersey Boys Broadway , Jersey Boys Chicago, Jersey Boys London, Jersey Boys Las Vegas, and John Lloyd Young.
Music samples (thanks to Rhino Records ) played in this podcast includes:
- "The Early Years" [Jersey Boys Cast CD]
- "Beggin" [Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons Anthology CD]
Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Jersey Boys Podcast Email Notification Service
- Las Vegas: Broadway World, Erich Bergen Blog
- Chicago: Variety, Playbill, Chicago Daily Herald, Chicago Tribune, Theatre In Chicago, Broadway World
- Jersey Boys 1st National Tour in Tampa
- Jersey Boys Blog Interview with Broadway's new Bob Gaudio Sebastian Arcelus
- London: Jersey Boys Blog #1, Whats On Stage, Theatre In London Blog, Jersey Boys Blog #2, Evening Times, Playbill
- Reviews of John Lloyd Young's solo concert: Jersey Boys Blog, The Star-Ledger via NJ.com, New York Times
- Deven May on MySpace
- Post a comment on: Jersey Boys World
- Put yourself on the map: Jersey Boys Podcast Frappr Map
- Send email to: [email protected]
- Call the listener line with audio comments: 714-855-1946
It really is bittersweet listening to Deven. Thanks for the interview. There is talk that he has left show biz for good. Hopefully, that is just talk, cause we'll miss him devastatingly.
Posted by: jbboy | March 18, 2008 at 12:20 PM
we just saw the show for the very first time saturday night - it was awesome!
by the way, you may have mentioned this, but there's a new tommy in chicago
tommy devito is now being played by brian mcelroy - he was perfect
keep up the great podcast!
Posted by: Noebie | March 19, 2008 at 08:32 AM
Please say its not so..he can not stop acting. We all miss him so much. He was the best.
Posted by: Barbara Lewkow | March 22, 2008 at 12:34 AM
JBBoy, Noebie, & Babara - Thanks for the recent comments. I still haven't heard anything definitive on Devin May so there is still hope he will still be acting. From the interview I didn't get the impression that he didn't enjoy acting. My guess is he need a break of some sort. The four main roles in JB are very demanding. - Steve
Posted by: Steve Holden | March 22, 2008 at 08:59 AM
When I last saw Deven in Seattle last December, he said that he'd mentioned me in an interview he'd done. Since then, I'd searched far and wide to find that interview and eventually gave up. Well, the mystery has finally been solved! I can't believe that Deven spoke of me in such a wonderful way and it just goes to show what kind of person he truly is. It was an honor to get to know him a little during the tour's swing through the western states and I'll treasure the memories, and this interview, as long as I live! Thank you SO MUCH for posting it!
Posted by: Andrea Kim | April 24, 2008 at 06:41 PM
Andrea, Thank you so much for the comment. You are very welcome, but it is really people like you that bring the magic of Jersey Boys back to what really matters - friendship - that needs the thanks. Thank you for all you have done to encourage the cast and help them know they are appreciated. Please check out the Christopher Kale Jones podcast. He mentions you also. - Steve & Christy
Posted by: Steve Holden | April 25, 2008 at 01:12 PM
Tommy devito is now being played by brian mcelroy - he was perfect. Keep it up great podcast!
Posted by: Discount Jersey Boys Tickets | March 05, 2009 at 04:38 AM
i saw Deven in Las Vegas he did such a good job being the bad boy thad does everything wrong tommy is my favorite of the four seasons i think Deven adds lots of charm to the role of him
Posted by: Zachary Jones | April 01, 2012 at 04:33 PM